Tuesday, May 15, 2012

PINTEREST! A NEW DESIGN TOOL

I am finally starting to find out how amazing today's technology and social media can be to my life!  When I first found out about Pinterest, I did not really think I would use it much but I have found it to be fabulous for organization and streamlining.  No more piles of magazine pages, recipe cards, or notes scribbled on to be lost in a drawer or basket somewhere!  Since I started using Pinterest, I have been able to find and make cool new recipes, collaborate on wedding showers and church events as well as  showcase my work and through that make appointments more effective  for my clients.  I have developed Boards for different types of window treatments and bedding so that before we meet, you can not only go and check out my skills and abilities but also get ideas to get the creative process started.  See examples below and click on the link to go directly to my pinterest boards.
  There are boards that include pictures of valances that I have created in the past:http://pinterest.com/thebestdressed/best-dressed-interiors-valances/


 And there is a board showcasing some of the types of panels I have made:http://pinterest.com/thebestdressed/panels-by-best-dressed-interiors/



 I have boards that will give ideas for children's rooms and nurseries:http://pinterest.com/thebestdressed/best-dressed-interiors-kids-rooms-and-nurseries/

Of course there has to be a  board with my favorite things to make although I don't often get pictures of them (I will have to be better at that now that I have a place to showcase them!) http://pinterest.com/thebestdressed/pillows-by-best-dressed-interiors/

 I also have a board with pictures of window treatments that I have collected off the web as sort of an online idea book (as you know when I come to your home to plan your project, I have my big idea book with magazine pictures)  This way we can talk by email or phone about your project while we are looking at the same pictures online before we even meet.  It also works well for projects I do out of town.  Recently I have used this technique to plan drapes for clients in Texas and Alabama..  Since you can add and delete boards so easily, I also shopped for fabric online and pinned samples to a board specifically for my client in Alabama .  We chose a fabric and ordered all online and I will pick it up, make the project and ship directly to her!!     I really hope to expand this part of my business in the upcoming months especially now that we have this awesome tool! Check out that board too at:  http://pinterest.com/thebestdressed/idea-board/


 I would love for you to check out these boards, hopefully get inspired to start a new project in your home, and check out my other boards while you are there, for cool ideas and recipes!  You do not have to be "on" pinterest to go to these links!  Enjoy!!!
Contact me at 678-549-9282  or mnmterry@gmail.com






6 comments:

  1. It’s nice to read a wonderful work like this, keep posting!! Everyone will surely appreciate and love all your next works. If you want to know more about curtain fabrication services singapore this website is also the best for you. We also offering services in affordable price.
    Thank you , Godbless and more power!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!, love the idea!! Thanks for sharing and keep posting about "curtain fabrication services
    singapore"
    btw you can visit also our website https://www.cottonware.com.sg offering services in affordable prices! Ty godbless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding work author. Knowledgeable enough. We will surely share your work. Anyway, If you are interested and looking for
    curtain fabricationyou may visit our website. You can also check our available services to offer. Thank you and More power!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding work author. Knowledgeable enough. We will surely share your work. Anyway, If you are interested and looking for
    blinds fabrication services Singaporeyou may visit our website. You can also check our available services to offer. Thank you and More power!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why your thoughts are so brilliant!? I really want what you're doing seems like you bring out the best in other people. Because lots of blog’s I’ve encountered was good but it doesn’t really encouraged people, for that I want to give you this Curtain Singapore maybe you find it helpful somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have an inspiring thoughts which makes me more capable in this things like blinds fabrication services that is recently needed in our department.

    ReplyDelete